cherry bomb nightmare

cherry bombs get a lot of stick on petrol cars , but stick a tail pipe on a 15 turbo diesel and it sound great not whistles and bells or turning heads just lets you no your driving , because in todays diesels there is next to zero sound in the cab , you have to look at the rev counter to see if your red lining . But with the k12 back box hangers miles apart it makes them impossible to get stable unless you pay to have steel rods welded on to fit brackets . I didn't want to go expensive and took off the bomb not though sound, but from the rattling under the car of the back box fitting. What would happed if I binned the back box and just ran a 50mm section of pipe with an added down flow tip/ back pressure is looked after by the turbo plus the pipe is the right size you don't want to big on turbo diesel . Mabye its not has crazy has it seems free flow to the max and with any luck maybe not loud on normal cruising but bust into life at red line £7 -50 for a 2 foot piece of pipe with connector end what have I got to loose but a few £ to find out , anybody tried this on a 20, 000 turbo diesel not a shed

Back