K11 N Reg/95 - Installing front speakers

Hi everyone:grinning:

My front left speaker has been dead for quite a long while now, so I decided to purchase some new speakers. I opened up the passanger side door first to get to the speakers and managed to remove the old one in there (FYI a blaupunkt).
if9w0i.jpg

Now i noticed that the connector to said speaker is different to what I was expecting.
ac7h9j.jpg

1zdnfq9.jpg

Do I just completely rewire the car using the cable provided with my speakers or is there some sort of adaptor i can purchase to convert this plug?
Finally am I correct in assuming that the cables go through the door into the side behind the glove compartment? or is it more towards the floor?

Thanks for the help(Y)

Simple job pal, first things first - purchase some spade connectors, preferably a pack of different sizes (halfords being your best bet). Snip that connector off, find out which wire is negative and which is positive before hand by matching them up with the old speaker then simply crimp the connectors onto the wires and connect them up to the new speakers, might take you a while to work it out first time round, but you'll find it takes 5 mins the next time :D no need to go any further with the wiring, hope this helps, apologies for the briefness, the other half is hurrying me up :p

Hi, those connectors will be fine but if you have a decent hardware/electrical shop near you then you should be able to pick up a few suitable connectors for a few pence, rather than buying a box of them which you probably won't need. :)

BG

Back