K11 mirrors

Hey.

new to the site and so still trying to find my way around.

My question is how do i remove the mirrors on my k11 so i can spray them as they are getting a bit tatty.

Any help is much appreciated.

cheers scott

You can dismantle further...theres a few screws to undo (underside of mirror housing if its non folding) a mirror to pop out and then the interior controls to undo (if you have interior controls -- make sure you match the colours to wire locations as the colours on mine where pretty much gone) and it all comes apart, its a ###### to put back together though haha.

Hey. Cheers for the advice guys, mine are folding and can't see any screws on the out side. Does this mean the glass doesn't come out? Am I better off just masking them up?

Cheers for speedy reply.

Scott

Folding ones can come apart (like above) but theres a connector (not screws) behind the mirror. Its a push grip clip thingy and tbh as i was spraying the whole thing i just left the two main pieces attached (chances are they arent supposed to come apart once put together). So masking it up would probs be easier. Guess it depends if youre spraying the base mount aswell or looking to leave them black plastic...and how accurate you can be with your masking :)

How did these turn out? Did you spray with them only in the normal position? Because I've been wanting to do mine but am not sure how painting the joint will work if I sill want them to be foldable

Hey. They turned out great. I masked between the folding part and only painted the mirror cover the same red as the car. I got a slight over spray from some poor masking on the triangle part so I masked the mirror and painted this black again. I'm very happy with the results. The folding part was not affected. Since then I've painted the boot handle and door handles. Getting carried away lol.

Is it just as easy to take the wing mirrors off the car on the later k11's too? (2001). Do the inner covers push clip on/off to reveal the bolts holding it on or will I need to take the door cards out too? I'd like to paint up mine to colour code them, the n/s one needs to be replaced as it was kicked off a few years ago and it's been glued and screwed together inside so I might as well replace that now and paint the two of them in the process.

just a quick bump.. does anyone know if the inner covers for the wing mirrors push clip on/off to reveal bolts holding it on ?
Thanks.

If you mean the plastic trims inside the car, then yes. But I found it easier to take the door cards off as well, otherwise it's very easy to snap the plugs on the back that hold them on to the door

I've not had much luck with this so far, I managed to buy a used mirror but it was really rough and full of scratches including the mirrors surface when it arrived :( The replacement parcel shelf I bought from the same guy was also no good with a broken lug... Back to looking again next week I guess.

Back