Wing Mirrors

Hi All,

I need some technical help, the passenger side mirror was kicked off by one of the local scallywags recently and is completely knackered. The housing is fine but the glass is gone and the plastic gubbins inside is shattered.

I've managed to find another one off eBay (Nissan garage wanted £200 +vat ). The only thing is I have no idea of how to go about swapping it over. I've changed mirrors on other cars before which involved removing the door card and then taking the whole lot off and sticking the new one in, but I've had a scout around the door card and can't see any screws or anything!!!

I'm not too keen on buying a Haynes just for this as they are now £20 and I've just had to buy one for the Mini (proper one). Any tips?

Oh yeah, it's a K11 (facelifted type with chrome grille) 5-dr, with central locking, if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance!!!

Matt

Prise off the plastic triangle on the inside, it's held by 3 plastic pin things, (Pretty certain you don't need to remove the door card for this) then you'll see 3 bolts (10 or 12mm, i can't remember), undo them and your old one will fall out, hold the mirror as you undo the last bolt so you don't drop it on the floor :)

Back