k11 micra turbo

That turbo piping looks awful,it says theres an intercooler, but i cant see one, I wonder what internal work theres been done on the engine.

that was the one that some bloke put a post on every bloody thread about yesterday. he got deleted though luckily! :p

Rofl at £1800 being a lot spent on the car including the turbo conversion.

Also - it doesn't mention any sort of management system does it?

Reminds me of the days of beachboy......."I've calculated the cost of each part of my car and worked out that I am going to sell it complete for £838.56"......hahaha.

He has an intercooler on it looks like very small one.

From what he is saying it runs but does not mention anything about boost or speed ro if it actually boosts etc. He has no engine management anf for fuel he has only 1.6 injectors which will not be helping at all by themselves.

If he had not spent all the extra money on seats etc and bought an emanage or something and had it tuned proper (assuming it boost fine etc weird choice for turbo though) he would have had a much better car.

He has an intercooler on it looks like very small one.

From what he is saying it runs but does not mention anything about boost or speed ro if it actually boosts etc. He has no engine management anf for fuel he has only 1.6 injectors which will not be helping at all by themselves.

If he had not spent all the extra money on seats etc and bought an emanage or something and had it tuned proper (assuming it boost fine etc weird choice for turbo though) he would have had a much better car.

I hope he isnt running it or atleast boosting it as diesel turbos spool fast and will kill the engine very fast.

i would buy that for the manifold, turbo sump, intercooler etc etc ..... pinch the tailgate, maybe the seats.... then scrap the rest,

but im not going to.

Im pretty sure that a turbo from a diesel would not work well at all on a petrol car.

All the turbo conversions ive seen, have alot more and alot better pipe work.

Complete shambles

Im pretty sure that a turbo from a diesel would not work well at all on a petrol car.

All the turbo conversions ive seen, have alot more and alot better pipe work.

Complete shambles

I mapped a 1.4 almera turbo with a diesel turbo. It was fantastic.

This car looks as if its still running on a standard ECU, surely thats just asking for the engine to go BANG??

Might be alright if running on an extreme low boost 2-3 psi, still seems like a complete bodge job, you cant do a turbo conversion on such a small budget without knowing what you are doing!!!

I wouldn't touch this car, without having money to put into it!!!

seems like a cheap job.. probs useing a head spacer (witch isnt really a bodge as kristans ran fine) the piping looks abit dodgey, and if it is a deisal corsa turbo there only good for lower boost range with them beeing small

my mates old corsa 1.7 turbo caught up with raceworxs almera, then started overheating and raceworx then got away.

I dont understand a head spacer as being a bodge either...if Tomei in Japan (to name one), see them as a perfectly feasible modification for the k11 then they must know what theyre talking about...what with all the R&D they do for parts :)

granted the piping is a bit :eek: but it will no doubt do the job, and the intercooler seems to be sitting on the crossmember, very small section in one of the images looks like the black top of the ic.

cheaply built, doesnt (always) mean bodged...I will admit though i dont feel its a get in and enjoy the boost type car as additional work is probably needed...but it'd be worth giving it the benefit of the doubt though until you saw it in the flesh (before bidding) as you cant tell alot from just pictures anyway...

Back