K11 micra HELP

hi, I recently replaced my distributor because my car would die when engine reached operating temperature and that fixed the issue but now when it warms up instead of dying it has a terrible misfire and is almost Underivable. Please suggest solutions. I have replaced plugs also and have new leads on the way thanks. 36572576-381C-4ED0-98E7-12AD4D001BE0.png

Did you set the timing following the right procedure after replacing the dizzy? Also did you replace it with a known good dizzy?

It’s a brand new unit, I actually did not mark where the rotor arm was facing ?‍♂️ But car runs fine until Engine temp rises so I’d assume timing is fine?

Its not the rotor arm. Its the whole unit. You set the timing by turning the whole dizzy. So it could be way out. Id defo check it.

Not sure how easy it would be to do on a micra, but the last car I had with a dizzy I did by ear.
Got me close enough.
warm the car up and slacken the dizzy slightly, move gently one way then the other until it sounds right. Move it slowly and use a rubber glove.
This will give you a close enough setting until you can get a lamp.

Back