Micra K11 misfiring

Hi all,

My Micra k11 has started to misfire when idling and driving. The symptoms include irregular shaking and shuttering vibrations through the car when idle and whilst driving. It also occasionally cuts out when at a stop. I have changed the spark plugs and a new distributor, throttle body and it's still misfiring.

Does anyone know what is causing these problems? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
mine have the same symptoms, with the engine shuddering pulled out the plug caps one by one and noticed cylinder 2 spark plug cap when taken out, sparks from the cap body to the engine and not to the plug... also noted no reaction on engine shudder when this plug cap is pulled out. Is there a such a problems as electrical leakage from the dizzy wires?

If you've changed the dizzy and plugs the only thing left in your ignition system really is the HT leads. That is providing you fit a brand new dizzy? because if it's a scrap yard one there's a good chance it's been sat out in the elements for a while and could be faulty.
There's a possibility it could also be an injector or a compression issue but i'd start at the ht leads.

Back