k11 1.4l micra active, very bad idle, please help

Hi, I have a 2001 Nissan Micra 1.4L, active, it has 36000 miles on the clock, but has very bad idle when warm. When you start the car, and engine is cold, the car idles fine, as soon as the engine is at operating temperature the engine starts to idle very bad, it idles for 5 seconds fine and then its like the engine is about to die, then idles fine again, the only way I can explain this is very lumpy idle. I have replaced the complete throttle body and all 4 coils, the parts I used are in working order as I swapped them from a working car. Also I have replaced the spark plugs and fuel filter. The car has been stood for about 10 weeks, so tonight I am going to add some injector cleaner to the fuel and take it for a run.

Can anybody please help with what the problem can be with the car please.

thanks for your time

Thanks for your help. I have searched the forum but I can't find a step by step procedure of how to test the lambda sensor using the multimeter. Is there anybody who can give me a set by set guide of how to test the lambda sensor using a multimeter.
Also while the car is idling, if I disconnect the lambda sensor will it make a difference? Thanks

you just tap into the black wire lala, sewing pin jabbed in or skin the insulation back a bit, then find an earth somewhere
i had my voltmeter/gauge attached to the 1st lamba (red arrow) but it is currently connected to the 2nd lambda (blue arrow)
your 2nd lambda is under the car btw, and yours have a 4th grey earth wire too

P4050771.jpg

thanks for all your help, do I have to connect the second sensor as well?
the readings from the 2nd one should slightly mirror the readings from the 1st one i believe (i hav,nt tested mine yet tbh)
so the ecu uses the feedback from the 1st lambda to enable it to run in closed loop under normal driving conditions, and the gasses are more mixed up while passing through the cat so that the readings from the 2nd sensor will be more stable

the readings from the 2nd one should slightly mirror the readings from the 1st one i believe (i hav,nt tested mine yet tbh)
so the ecu uses the feedback from the 1st lambda to enable it to run in closed loop under normal driving conditions, and the gasses are more mixed up while passing through the cat so that the readings from the 2nd sensor will be more stable

? what you doing with two of them

Back