K11 Micra fitted with NGK Iridium Sparks Plugs

CMF_ukzmisr

» CMF Member
Hi just wondering if anyone had fitted and noticed any difference in MPG or perfermance by fitting NGK Iridium Spark Plugs Part No BKR5EIX-11 to a Micra with engine CG13DE.
All comments greatly appreciated.
Thanks

CMF_ukzmisr

» CMF Member
Also, there are three relays beside the battery. See photo. One is black and the other two are blue. Can someone please tell me what they are for. They are not labelled up.
Thanks

Attachments

• 39119.jpg
    39119.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 28
We need more information to tell you which plug to get, is it turbo or na, what mods? What computer? How much timing are you running? How hot does the whether get where you are etc. All those have an impact on your plug choice. Chosing the right one will give you more power and greater resistance to detonation. The only reason anyone would use normal $3 type Ngk's in a performance type application is because their harder to foul then platinum/iridium plugs... Making the tuners job easier.

CMF_maat

» CMF Member
Iridiums where one of the best mods i did for my engine, if you can get them for a good price do it.. it climbed throughout the rev range ALOT smoother and throttle response improved big time

CMF_ukzmisr

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell
Thanks for your reply. My car is normal stock, non turbo, no air con, no mods. I am trying to get as much MGP and performance out of it by doing the simplest and cheapest replacements.
I believe that the iridium spark plug does not need to be replaced for 60,000 miles. Maybe a cost saving.
Thanks

Back