Bosch FR8DCX Plugs

The owners manual of my 2001 K11 says to use Bosch FR8DCX spark plugs.

When I look on ebay, I see FR8DCX and FR8DCX+

Can anyone explain what difference the "+" makes?

I currently have NGK plugs and I'm having a slight problem at low idle speeds when the car is in neutral - the engine revs drop to a point where it is almost cutting out, before picking back up again.

Putting the "recommended" plugs in seems the obvious first thing to try.

could be your spark leads are losing its strength, over the years they lose its tolarence to spark.

Could be - and it could be many other things too no doubt.

But as the user manual states you should use the Bosch plugs - and as several people here have stated you should use the Bosch plugs with post 2000 coilpack engines too - it seems like the sensible thing to try first.

Just want to know what to buy - FR8DCX or FR8DCX+

Why not give nissans a call and ask what they recommend!! Am sure they would point you to the right direction or check on google the differences between those plugs and then see what you think is best!! If bosch is the way to go. Stick with them!

J

Naturally, google was the first thing I did - I wouldn't be asking here if I hadn't searched for ages without finding an answer.

I suspect there is no difference, as even on the Bosch website the part number is the same, with or without the "+".

Back