lost keys and can get in :(

as above lost my keys for my car is there a code or anythink on the super s ? and could i get away with swapping my old lock and ignition over but i think my old 1.0 got a code on it as on the key is a little red square on the top.

any help ? :)

as above lost my keys for my car is there a code or anythink on the super s ? and could i get away with swapping my old lock and ignition over but i think my old 1.0 got a code on it as on the key is a little red square on the top.

any help ? :)

Depend on the age mate, nats Is a ##### you may need a ecu that corresponds to the new key or at least the transponder

If your old keys have chips and you have all the locks/ignition barrel then they should work on the super-s without changing ecu's or fitting transponders as im pretty sure all super-s micras didnt come with NATS

yer super s is a m reg (1996) and my old micra is a n reg (1994) tell me about it i dont even know what nats is till the old man told me :laugh: .

no frank the super s key aint got a red chip on it.

yer what i was thinking take the locks/ignition barrel out and put in the super s after we pop the boot lock out and push the rod so the boot open then i can climb in and open the door but i got a key cut on my old micra so if i just put the ignition barrel in with the key that i got cut and no chip in should this one work or has the ignition barrel got some reader thin :glare:

It should work, ive only recently found out what the transponder/reader is. If you take the panels off that cover the underside of the steering rack etc. On a NATS micra bolted underneath the ignition barrel is a black box which has a plastic ring that fits around the barrel so that when you put the key in it reads the chip.

So if your super has no NATS it doesnt matter which locks/barrel you fit. You can straight swap the ecu and it starts no problem. Thats the micras i love!!!

Back