K11 Hesitating in 5th, 60mph

Hi folks, I have an August 2000 Micra Sport 1.0, 87,000 miles, problem is when on motorway at around 60mph the car seems to hesitate and there is a loss of power. This happened after a service for its MOT,which it passed, and the guy who serviced it noticed the problem when he was in the car on the way to get parts for it. He serviced the car(oil, oil filter and spark plugs) thinking this may fix it(plugs). I rang him and he said if i could get a set of coil packs(black item which fits to top of spark plug?) this may fix it as these can give problems. I've also read the posts on the resoldering of the throttle body. What do you all think? Thank you all in advance (Y)

your coilpack engine will have a different type of t/b bigtroop (bosch) where the maf is removable, it might be worth checking for faultcodes first :)

Thanks for the quick response Frank, what is the maf you refer to? Is a visit to a nissan dealer required to get a fault code? Thanks again.

The MAF is the mass air flow sensor, the thing you have to solder in the older throttlebodys.

You should be able to get a fault code reading from any garage with a reader, which is most of them nowadays. You can also get them to flash up on the dashboard by connecting two pins on the plug they use for the fault reader, and then use the sequence of flashes to work out whats wrong.

Frank, are you sure my car(August 2000) has the Bosch Type Throttle Body? I've found a throttle body on ebay and this is in the description, NISSAN - Micra (K11) 1.0 i 16V Petrol Engine 08/92 to 09/00 998 CG10DE,
the CG10 is the start of my engine number.

Frank, are you sure my car(August 2000) has the Bosch Type Throttle Body? I've found a throttle body on ebay and this is in the description, NISSAN - Micra (K11) 1.0 i 16V Petrol Engine 08/92 to 09/00 998 CG10DE,
the CG10 is the start of my engine number.

it,ll say on the side of yours surely bigtroop ? (hitachi or bosch iirc) but the 1.0,s are CG10 right through to k12,s (whether coilpack or pre, its only the 1.4,s that are CGA) :)
and the bosch maf is removable btw (ie, far cheaper than a full t/b)

Might also be worth cleaning the maf and inside the TB first?

Then if that doesn't help, try fault codes, and that'll tell you if it's coilpacks or the MAF, or something else.

Back