CVT Issue - juddering sometimes at 50-60mph

I think I have a CVT issue. It’s a K11 (1996). The car just coming up to 100,000.

When accelerating up to speeds of 50-60mph the car sometimes is starting to judder.

In the last couple of months I have fitted a roof bars with basket.

I am starting to wonder if there is a fierce wind would that create big enough drag for the CVT gearbox to not cope?

It did it a couple of time previously in the past. Though recently started doing it a bit more and that is the only change I can think off. Though would a roofrack really make a CVT not cope? I am not sure how the CVT fully works, though I am assuming at that speed it's getting down to a smaller cog and any drag could upset it?

Anyone else had this juddering at these speeds with a CVT?

Never had any juddering with my CVTs, but the roof rack could cause a bit of a judder I suspect.
Take it off, and see if it does it without it.

Never had any juddering with my CVTs, but the roof rack could cause a bit of a judder I suspect.
Take it off, and see if it does it without it.

It's more like stalling missing then a judder my mistake.
Like kangaroo juice at 50mph.
Very strange & you have to back off the juice. Certainly gearbox related.

It's difficult to describe when it does this the engine is going fine. Going uphill can often bring it on more as well.

It's difficult to describe when it does this the engine is going fine. Going uphill can often bring it on more as well.
Going uphill, and driving at 60 mph requires more fuel.
I'd check/change your fuel filter, and dump some redex in the tank.

Back