K11 Headlight Problem

Hey all, am new here.

Was driving home the other night and the headlights wouldn't turn on. Sidelights fine, and indicators, but headlights and full beam are a no go.
I have an R reg K11 Micra

Have checked the fuses, bulbs, tried with another stick but no joy. The only way I got them working was by shorting out two wires in the white connector box, but cannot find a way of getting them to work properly. Please, anybody got any ideas?

Using the Haynes manual isn't helping too much I'm afraid, and cannot think of anything else apart from the relays or the dim/dip unit, but don't know where either of those are and if they are accessible?

Thanks, Gibbs.

have you checked the fuse holder in front of battery free it off from battery tray and check the wires underneath these have a nasty habit of corroding and snaping easy fix just solder new wire in with new fuse holder....

have you checked the fuse holder in front of battery free it off from battery tray and check the wires underneath these have a nasty habit of corroding and snaping easy fix just solder new wire in with new fuse holder....

Thanks! I had already checked the fuses but the double fuse on the left, I freed it up and checked the connections, one was a bit loose so tightened with some pliers and its all hunky dorey. Thanks mate!

Back