headlight problem helllp!!!

cardiffboy27

Ex. Club Member
hey guys i wonder if you could save me again!

when i turn my hedlights on the dim-dip unit buzzes and only 1 headlight lights
sidelight main beam and everything else seems to work
i have replaced the dimdip unit and changed all the bulbs but still no joy :( is there another relay or somthing that might be causing a problem or does anyone have an idea what might be causing it as its about to go for an mot and this will make it fail :(
fingers crossed you guys can help out yet again
many thanks Ian :)

fwn

yeah i just checked the fuses and all seems in order ill have a go at locating the relay i have a feeling it will be under the dash somewhere fingers crossed it should solve the problem :)

headlight relay is on the passenger side of the engine bay, near the battery. Its a grey box attached to the inside of the wing, with a chunk of wires going into the bottom of it.

actually my k10 had the same problem! Although you said the connections are fine, the one which isnt coming on will be faulty. Cut the wires and replace it for another one (identical shape) and it should fix it!

Check this thread mate: http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=8953&highlight=buzzing I had exactly the same problem myself due to a melted headlamp connector.

Although you say that you have checked and the connector looks fine, if you have already tried changing the relay and it's still no better, I'd still suggest changing the connector anyway incase there is some unseen damage to it. I actually used one off a Primera on mine and its fine now.

Edit: just seen you have a K10, so scratch the Primera idea. Replacing the connector may still solve it though.

I'm about to go through my second melted headlamp connector, those things are always melting. Usually all I have to do is pop the bonnet and give the connections on the back of the lamp a wiggle.

then i would say check your headlights earths get a wiring diagram out and find out where the earth goes from the headlight

Back