K11 facelift Box into a pre facelift 1.0

Hi , I have bought a facelift 1.0 gearbox by mistake , can I fit this into my pre facelift micra 1.0 ? I know it's different but what will I need to do to fit this in ?

Mounting ?
Shafts ?
Ect

Thanks
Martin

Hi , I have bought a facelift 1.0 gearbox by mistake , can I fit this into my pre facelift micra 1.0 ? I know it's different but what will I need to do to fit this in ?

Mounting ?
Shafts ?
Ect

Thanks
Martin
afaik it is doable but there's a lot of work involved.

2 g/box mounts (complete)
shafts
flywheel/clutch assy
cross member
gear rods
then there is the speedo drive issue

Cheers guys , I will stick to a pre facelift box , sounds a lot easier ! ...can anyone tell me are the driveshafts the same on pre and facelift models ?
Thanks

the shafts are all the same apart from pre-facelift 1.0 martin
Sorry to hijack I have a 2000 plate micra on a 1.3 and the box has gone, from what your saying Frank I would be able to fit a 1.0 from the same year as the shafts are the same? Would save me a lot of hassel

Sorry to hijack I have a 2000 plate micra on a 1.3 and the box has gone, from what your saying Frank I would be able to fit a 1.0 from the same year as the shafts are the same? Would save me a lot of hassel
is yours a coilpack type ?

• No its dizzy, so no crank sensor been told the box on mine was only around from 98-2000 because of the sensor for the Speedo, just be really handy if the 1.0 is the same as 1.3 are like rocking horse poop
is yours a coilpack type ?

i think many of the coilpack g/boxes had the starter mounted under the inlet mani, and you might find the 1.0 g/box too low geared

No its dizzy, so no crank sensor been told the box on mine was only around from 98-2000
i think many of the coilpack g/boxes had the starter mounted under the inlet mani, and you might find the 1.0 g/box too low geared
had a 1.0 box mated to a 1.3 on my 95 before. But ended up cooking it, don't do many motorway miles so ratio don't really bother me. Just struggling to source a 1.3 box. so you saying the 1.0 from same year will fit the shafts?

Back