Pre facelift questions

Hey!

I have a 95 pre facelift k11 1.0 and am currently swapping the engine and gearbox out for another newer 1.0 engine and gearbox and have run into a couple of problems that I'm hoping someone can help me out with!

First thing is I am glad I got the driveshafts with the new engine and gearbox because the gearbox is different and the inner CV splines are bigger too

BUT

The speedo drive on the new gearbox is electric and on the car it's cable.. Does this mean I will I need a newer dash and rewire the speedo? (may be worth going for a rev counter dash)

There is also a different plug that comes from underneath the box on the n/s of the diff which I am not too sure is for either but haven't got that far yet lol

If anyone could help me out would be great!

OP
OP
WillP
The original gearbox is dead and the engine is high mileage hens the swap and yes sound out the mountings are different the hard way also haha

are the very early k11's the only ones that are different then?

Also is the dash a simple rewire for the speedo or a whole loom swap?

frank

Club Member
the cabin looms are very different mate, pollyp swapped the senders over on his iirc (difference in size tho and facelift 1.3 ?) a preface 1.3 g/box is an option

OP
OP
WillP
i've got the mounts sorted but it's just the wiring i'm worried about and hoping the selector is the same...

Is there any way around this? or is it either get the correct loom or gearbox?

I thought k11's were all the same but should never assume! :rolleyes:

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
You can swop the speedo drive parts in the bearbox. I run a facelift box in our pre-facelift car and this works fine.

OP
OP
WillP
Never been an issue, drops straight in and works fine!

Definitely doesn't just drop straight in they are totally different lol

20170422_094526.jpg

I've gone down the route for facelift clocks and going to rewire it all