k11 ecu fault code 146

D

Dozybee

I wanted to move my K11 into the garage. It started and then cut out immediately. The "check engine" light flashed furiously. I gave it some time to sort itself out and tried to start it again. No go. After doing some other jobs I had another go. This time the engine fired up ok. After moving into the garage I read the diagnostic code. Fourteen slow flashes and six short flashes (146). The ECU was reset ( Haynes manual ). The codes in the manual were simple ones for sensor checking. This new code seems out of place?. The car seems to be working again. I have taken the precaution of using my non ECU Lancer to drive to work at present.

I recollect that this may have occurred about 2 years ago, with the same end result. Can anyone shed some light on the fault code, other than the Nissan Dealer?.

Hi Dozy!
This problem is all over the board! I've found the most effective way round it is to get an early Pre NATS ecu and have it reprogrammed. Ed from Fusion motorsport does them for £150. I've had a few off him now.

There are other ways round it but this way saves hassle and works every time.

Hi Dozy!
This problem is all over the board! I've found the most effective way round it is to get an early Pre NATS ecu and have it reprogrammed. Ed from Fusion motorsport does them for £150. I've had a few off him now.

There are other ways round it but this way saves hassle and works every time.

that assuming its not a corroded injector fuse eh
http://www.ilexa.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,463.0.html

LOL! Forgot about that one! The last few we have done have been ECUs.

Please check the fuse before buying an ECU! Remember to take it right out and look at the contacts. They can still show up as good if you check it with a test lamp.

Back