number 13 fault - immobiliser/ ecu - help!

Hi there, i've got an N reg nissan micra, it's been immobilising itself regularly - I took it to a garage where they took the ecu wiring out and put it back again, and lo and behold it worked again. However since then it keeps immobilising itself (flashing malfunction light on dash, engine starts and cuts out after 3 seconds) and rather than spending huge amounts of cash on it I just have to wriggle the wiring around for a while until it works again, so it's clearly a loose connection.

The problem is that there are so many wires that it's really difficult to figure out where the loose connection is, so I haven't been able to properly resolve it which could be a serious problem at some point. When the garage plugged it into the computer they said it was a "number 13 fault". Could anybody enlighten me as to which set of wires this might relate to? I understand from other posts that this seems to be a common enough problem with micras.

Any advice much appreciated! thanks

Well usually the ring that goes around the key barrel that read the codes from the key. I would remove the dash surround and have a look at that first.

Ed

Back