k11 drive shafts

is 1.0 and 1.3 drive shafts different lengths? (its b4 facelift model) i have put a ga16 in my car and the off side is to short and near side is to long so is 1.3 driveshafts diff and better to get as i have the 1.0 still with diffrent ends going into the gear box help please

Ive been told in the papst that the 1.3 shafts are better with the GA16 engine. ie, the 1.3 driveshaft will reach and wont be too short.

so 1.3 shafts are different lengths to the 1.0 shafts? on my car the now the long shaft is to short and the short shaft is to long dont know if thats coz im using the standard 1.0 shafts the now with 1.3 ends on it or if i need to get new shafts... so are the 1.3s different sizes yeah?

theres no difference in the shaft lengths, the pre 98 1.0 ones are smaller dia tho (and smaller inboard spline,
are you using the 1.0 g/box and clutch then ?

no using 1.3 gear box but have changed the inner end to the 1.3 so it will fit into the gear box because got it out the scrappies and the fannys had gas cut through the shafts so i only got the ends so was a quick fix just now but because im usin the power steering pully still and put power steerin in my car dont think i was able to move it as close to drivers side as i wanted and now the shafts dont fit properly so think i need new ones.... i could make the n/s go in but would be really tight and the o/s i have to push the hub in to get the bolt through so that will pop oot i think as soon as i start driving, any ideas?

if you,ve had to move the g/box mounts across to fit the longer engine, then the shafts will need altering the same amount :eek:

i never really moved that much i put the primera driver side mount on the micra and it justclears the chassis leg from the power steering pully but its ll went wrong :(

Back