K11 door speakers

Primal_Concrete_Micra

Ex. Club Member
Hey guys quick question....

I know the mounting depth for the door speakers is 54mm, does anyone know if i could fit speakers with a 78mm mounting depth if i used spacers?

i have standard door cards on with the large pockets both sides, will the speakers fit behind these with spacers?

Cheers

Jay

my guess would be no. i just fitted some 8mm ply spacers in mine, it fits, but im pretty sure there isnt another 16mm spare. could always fiberglass some new speaker grills.

you could fit them if you used 34mm spacers which would look silly imo. fiberglassing a new enclosure would look better.

you could fit them if you used 34mm spacers which would look silly imo. fiberglassing a new enclosure would look better.

i think you mean 24:D

you could maybe fit a 16mm odd spacer to the door card. but i think this would be quite alot of work and might look pretty crappy. i agree with modded

thought as much, i think ill just be going for some slimmer speakers than the ones i've been looking at!! I have very little experience with fibreglass and having retrimmed the door cards in leather i dont want to ruin that!!
Cheers guys

Back