K11 cvt gearbox oil?????

hi everyone I've just got myself a 2001 Micra K11 series 1.0 s cvt 60,000 on the clock.
I was thinking about changing the ATF but unsure of what to use.

Called my local Nissan dealer who quoted £13.20 plus VAT per litre!!!!!! I asked him if it was the same as Dextron III and if I could also use it in my power steering......he didn't know.

Any ideas guys? The atf isn't too bad but want to change it for piece of mind (cvt gearbox)

Thanks

yes thought so....still unsure of which atf to use don't want to pay dealership prices when dextron III will do........?

DEXRON II (2) is the fluid, not sure if you can change it with DEXRON III. if they quoted you 13.20£ the price is more than reasonable in Bulgaria it is 21£ something a litre.

Well iv just brought a litre of the proper grade gearbox oil for my K10 as looked up by my local parts shop in their magic little book. I only paid about £5 for a litre so I think you should stop being a tight wad lol. You cant put a price on looking after your car, best to get the best quality and recommended grade oil imo. Its no good cutting corners and skimping, you will regret it when your gearbox blows up!:p

Haynes manual says that Dexron III will be fine... I just did mine using Penrite (Aussie brand) Semi-Synthetic ATF... Depending who you talk to, they'll tell you that you HAVE to put Nissanmatic D fluid in, because it's got friction modifiers in it... I don't know how true that is, but I've been reading and it seems lots of people just use Dexron III AFT

Back