K11 CD Installation Nightmare - Please Help!

I recently bought a Sony CD Player for my 2002 K11 Twister and thought it would be fairly simple to install myself with the correct harness adaptor. How Wrong! I tried all the adaptors suggested for the Micra PC2 - 764/774/134 and none would fit my cars plugs.
I decided to hard wire the stereo and after thinking I had eventually figured out the correct wiring, fitted it together. I reconnected the battery and nothing, then I swapped the constant and switched power around and still nothing. To make matters worse at some point I managed to blow the electrics inside so my remote looking and digital odometer are now not working either.
Can anyone offer me some sensible advice on any part of this problem please.

Replace the fuse. The aerial needs to be connected or the stereo won't turn on. This should help:
k11.jpg

I have checked my fuses and all seem to be in one piece although the guide on the fuse box cover does not helpfully tell me which fuse the display is.
I have the following wires coming out of the car and I connect them to
Blue - speaker
Red - power
Yellow - power
Black - to old screw hole on car
Brown- speaker
Blue w/ Black Stripe - aerial power
Black w/green stripe - n/a
white w/black stripe - n/a
red w/black stripe - n/a
red w/yellow stripe - n/a
black w/pink stripe - n/a
black w/red stripe - speaker
balck w/white stripe - speaker

Help really appreciated. :upside:

Blue on your stereo is remote not speaker. Take off all the wires and start again using the connections I've shown in the pic above.

The cables I listed were the ones in my car so I have connected the blue in the car to a speaker and the blue w/black in the car to the blue cable coming from the cd player.
I tried red to red and yellow to yellow and nothing so I tried swapping them around and still nothing.
Thanks wiring list but I am a bit blonde and don't quite understand it.

On your stereo the wires should be like this:

CDplayer end - Car end

Yellow - battery +
Red - ignition +
Black - ground
Blue - amp remote not connected
Orange - aerial control not connected

Plus 8 wires (4 pairs) for speakers

Hope that helps

Thanks - it does help a lot
I now have power to the CD player and have fixed the blown fuse so have dials working.
Now working on iluminating and getting radio.
Thanks again.

Back