k12 standard CD please help

V

voisey1971

hi all, can anybody please help me? I have a problem with my single standard cd player in my K12. after coming back from the garage, the battery was disconnected and the unit needed the key code,pressed the enter button first by mistake now the unit displays WAIT 1 H which i assume is wait 1 hour. after waiting more than a week and disconnecting the battery again, it is still saying the same thing. I do have the original ket code but it is nit giving me the chance to enter it. then tried to remove the unit, undid the 4 screws top & bottom, but the ###### still won't budge. am now at the end of my tether and think possibly a 3 pound lump hammer might help!!
I f anyone can help me on this it would be very much appriaciated.

Humm...it usually gives you 3 chances then locks for an hour....is there no Reset button somewhere...it will be a realllyy small hole. Poke something in it and hold it on for 5 secs. If it has no reset button then...im not sure sorry. im guessing youve gone thro the Manual about the radio.

Just a thought...how long did you leave the battery disconnected for?...because they can still store quite alot of power even with no battery. So i would try leaving it disconnected for a hour or so.

Hope you get it sorted :)

unlucky your radio is locked you can try disconnecting the connectors on the back of the radio which might reset the radio if that dont work you will need to get it decoded by a professional

to get the radio out is a job for someone that doesnt know how to

tools you will need:
10 mm socket and extension and ratchet
phillips number 2 screw driver

you need to remove both a pillar trims theyare just cliped on
then the top dash trim is just cliped on aswell
then undo the 2 blanking trims in the holder above the radio take out them 2 phillips screws
above the heater controls will be 2 phillips screws take these out
on the top of the radio will be a metal brack which 1 bolts on to the big bar that goes across the back of the dash and 2 bolts on the radio housing take them out
then the radio and 2 side vents will come out
pretty easy the rest on how to take out the radio from its housing

hi..what i would try first,is to leave the ignition on for a hour,then it should go back to the 0000 then put your code in,but if you turn thr ignition of within that time the hour starts all over again!!!...

Back