K12 CD Player into a K11

Is it possible to install a CD/radio from a K12 into a K11.

Prices are cheap on the bay and keeps everything OEM:grinning:.

would i just require an iso adaptor?

Cheers

Matt

BUMP

Hello all, another lazy cheapskate here. My K11's LCD display has given up the ghost and I too would like a cheap CD player and also preferably keep everything OEM.

K12 CD players are dirt cheap at the moment, so I'm wondering whether it's just a straight swap?

I only listen to Radio 4 and Classic FM when hooning about in my Micra, so I don't exactly need an OMGXPLOD30"BASSPOWAH Halfords special..

BUMP

Hello all, another lazy cheapskate here. My K11's LCD display has given up the ghost and I too would like a cheap CD player and also preferably keep everything OEM.

K12 CD players are dirt cheap at the moment, so I'm wondering whether it's just a straight swap?

I only listen to Radio 4 and Classic FM when hooning about in my Micra, so I don't exactly need an OMGXPLOD30"BASSPOWAH Halfords special..

Cheers for the BUMP would be interesting to know? I think the back is iso but will it fit in the space?

I assume this is the stereo you are talking about:

3ca2143b.jpg

If so, then I am almost 100% sure you can fit a this stereo into a K11 using only a wiring harness adaptor.

This is the back of the stereo:

c553afeb.jpg

The pictures are not of my stereo (sadly). Like both of yourselves I am strictly into OEM parts upgrades, not OMGz MODdiNg/StAncE/Dr0PPed 2 DA Dek motoring.

When I was younger I did fit a Halfords OMGz XPL0D yO! and as continues to serve its purpose I shant change it, though I am very tempted just for that OEM upgrade look. I may just buy one for the hell of it.

Funnily enough, I have managed to find myself with a Blaupunkt K11 CD player which came in one of My Rovers. Sadly the LCD display has never worked since I got it although the radio and CD work fine, but I still have it and shall get it fixed, one day.....

I don't know if this is the case with the K12, but I heard a lot of Nissan radios of that era were tied to either NATS or the ECU. Is anyone able to confirm/deny this?

I know my 2003 Almera's one is.

I don't know if this is the case with the K12, but I heard a lot of Nissan radios of that era were tied to either NATS or the ECU. Is anyone able to confirm/deny this?

I know my 2003 Almera's one is.

I am unsure of this? might be something for the K12 boys and girls to answer? i still haven't took the plunge to try it out.

I'd be lost without my MP3/iphone connection. no more CD skipping or a glovebox full of CD's. but i can't see a reason it wouldn't work even if you had to splice the wires and resolder them correctly.
might have a trouble with radio codes after install though?

If they are tied into the ECU/NATS then alot of these radios would be worthless. Theres always a fair few of these for sale on the ebay ranging from £30 to around £90+ and they do sell. All of these Nissan CD players have codes for them (unless they have been disabled) so also tying them into ECU/NATS sounds like overkill, not impossible though.

I'm pretty sure I have seen a couple of these radios installed in K11s as I have also seen Almera radios of the same era in K11s but dont know if they were working. No need for splicing wires, a universal adaptor will do, these radios already have the universal double connectors (by the red 10 amp fuse in the pic) the top connector I think is simply for the CD multi-changer. Codes often come with the stereo anyway so I cant forsee a problem, however, doesnt mean there wouldnt be one.

I'll grab myself one of these radios when I get around to it and see if it works in my K11. If it doesnt work, I'll wang up on ebay or throw it in my garage.

Back