Question: K11 carb conversion

I think the k10 carb is electronic some how. I was going to do the same but i am putting a k11 CG13 engine in k10 so the wiring is all there for the carb. Now thinking ill use a SU carb.

I think the k10 carb is electronic some how. I was going to do the same but i am putting a k11 CG13 engine in k10 so the wiring is all there for the carb. Now thinking ill use a SU carb.

some of the late once are ECC but other then that they are normal

Hi, new to Micras and looking for some help. I have a K11 and would like advise on converting it to run with a K10 carb. All help much appreciated

and why exactly would you do that?

I see. So what about twin webbers or bike carbs? Can't be because its "multi injection"?
Upto 2 years ago only Minis allowed, they are now allowing some other cars in those being max 1litre engine, carb or single point injection. For me a nice bank of bike carbs or webbers would be great - but not allowed!!

Thanks for all your advise so far - its been great. Just been looking into B3 engines - from what i can see the single point was fitted to the 323 between 1986-89, can anyone let me know if this is the one i am looking for?
Once again thanks

i ran a cg10 on a small 28/32 weber in a k10....went like stink with 1300 cams. the manifold was made up originally by the autograss boys in mild steel, they are worth asking as they are constantly tinkering. i still have the manifold, i just cut off the flange and used it as a base for my bike carb mani. i could take a few pics of it if it would be of any use??

kind of on the A-series theme....what about a HIF38 or 44 carb?? They would work very well on the cg i reckon. The 38 came on 93-95 mini sprites whereas the 44 only came on very early 90's coopers and MG metro's. Good carbs and very easy to work on too, needles and jets widely available and well able to handle 100bhp (probably upto 120 for the 44)

The 44 is good for turboing as well ;)
Yes it is but only if you get the turbo carb, they are a sealed unit, a few differences between them. Actually a very underated carb really. The k10 micra autograss boys are also fond of the su carbs (the older 1 1/2) on the ma engines, and they know how to make those engines work well with them too ;)

Upto 2 years ago only Minis allowed, they are now allowing some other cars in those being max 1litre engine, carb or single point injection. For me a nice bank of bike carbs or webbers would be great - but not allowed!!
Is that autograss??? i thought the cg10 could be used but the loom had to remain complete and 100% standard engine wise. If you had to use single point then the peugoet 106 was single point system too and the magnetti marelli system is pretty simple to wire up, far more reliable than the MEMS system on the rovers too

Is that autograss??? i thought the cg10 could be used but the loom had to remain complete and 100% standard engine wise. If you had to use single point then the peugoet 106 was single point system too and the magnetti marelli system is pretty simple to wire up, far more reliable than the MEMS system on the rovers too
Sorry to seem like i am ignoring all these comments - don't seem to be getting e-mail alerts anymore?
Its Junior Rods, planning on Autograss next year (have to be 12 years old to start), you are right Autograss would be happy with standard cg10 in k11
Would much appreciate some pics of the manifold you had made - will go down the early k10 carb route - it would be seen as cheating if i went for anything webber like, even an SU would be frowned upon!

Back