cg13 mini conversion

hi,
iam planning to fit a cg13de into my classic mini. i have to drive autos due to being disabled but iam struggling to find an auto cg13 seems to be plenty of cg10`s about, but if iam going to go through the hassle of doing the conversion i cant put a 1000 in it, iam running a mildly modified 1275 A+ at the moment. is the 13 auto rare. my lack of micra knowledge has brought me to a dead end any help with people/places to try will be great.
also i would like to run it on bike carbs and at a later date do some basic tuning not looking for huge power. how much exra power could the auto box cope with.
iam a total mica engine novice at the moment so your patience and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Ty

am sure this as been done before...... maybe wrong............ franks the man to answer this i think............. welcome to the msc tho mate

bigchief would be the man to ask eh, i guess you could use a CG13 engine with a CG10 cvt g/box but i think you,ll find its a pretty big unit, and has its own complex ecu :eek:

hi,
iam ok on the actual doing of the conversion but its the finding of a auto cg13 engine iam having problems with. i know of bigchief from the mini forum and its not an uncomman conversion but its usually done with the manual unit. i know bigchief has done an auto conversion but hes in trinidad bit of a long way to go to search for an engine plus i dont think i would get it back in hand luggage,
Ty

we had a 1.3 auto SLX but chucked the auto box because it was dead. i am pretty sure they are the same box so it should be a straight swap

here you go fella www.gwbridges.co.uk/ give these guys a call they got a 1.3 with the auto box there asking 175 for it and can post it for you at an extra 50-60 quid at a guess give them a call you might be able to get it down a little bit.

here you go fella www.gwbridges.co.uk/ give these guys a call they got a 1.3 with the auto box there asking 175 for it and can post it for you at an extra 50-60 quid at a guess give them a call you might be able to get it down a little bit.
thank you i will get in touch, i see they are at pease pottage, i broke down there on this years london brighton. if i had known i could have chucked it in the back of the mini and got it brought back on the truck:laugh:
thanks again,
Ty

my expirience of bridges is pretty bad, dont like them in there at all! very un-helpfull bordering on rude. does depend slightly on who you get to talk to though.

thank you i will get in touch, i see they are at pease pottage, i broke down there on this years london brighton. if i had known i could have chucked it in the back of the mini and got it brought back on the truck:laugh:
thanks again,
Ty

you local then are you?

Back