K11 Bumper cosmetic issue

N1554N

Site Supporter
I've just done a bit of digging on the forum, but due to lack of photographic evidence, i'd like to discuss this issue from the beginning:

This is what my bumper looks like. I've no idea what caused these marks, but i'm wondering if similar methods such as shoe polish or peanut butter[?!], that i have read previously, would be suitable to fix this?

IMG00142-20110503-1411.jpg

i've tried with armourall, but i think i need something a little stronger. are there any before/after pics out there to show me which may produce the best results?

At a guess i'd say its residue from previous polishings. Back to black, shoe polish (apparently the secret of chauffeurs), trim cleaner...etc etc. Should bring it back.

Theres this green gel stuff that iirc worked quite well (put it on, let it sit, then polish off)...cant remeber who makes it though. Autoglym maybe?

Chances are different people will have different products that they swear by :)

The plastic goes grey overtime due to the weather and sunlight, and i suspect it is cheap recycled plastic in the first place. Mine were even worse, peanut butter was recommended on the forum and it works well, i now use peanut oil which works just as well with far less mess (Y)

The plastic goes grey overtime due to the weather and sunlight, and i suspect it is cheap recycled plastic in the first place. Mine were even worse, peanut butter was recommended on the forum and it works well, i now use peanut oil which works just as well with far less mess (Y)

peanut oil? available at any good supermarket? if its the right price, i'll give it a shot :)

peanut oil? available at any good supermarket? if its the right price, i'll give it a shot :)

Yep supermarket, it's called groundnut oil, i paid £2, it really does improve the plastic, not perfect when they get really bad but much better (Y)

Back