K11 Axel Stand Points

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
very sorry to ask such an obvious question but ive never needed to do this before. where are the axel stand points on the front of the car?

i know the axel seems the obvious bet but they dont seem very sturdy and will jus go back up wit the suspension i would have thought...

obviously i would check the haynes but clever me left it at home and im at my dads atm (to work on the car)

I'd actually like to know what a *solid* part on the K11 chassis is to jack from on the sides (so i can jack up one side to do a wheel swapover) and also where the safe positions are for jack stands.

I know there's a bump on the front crossmember for it, and I think there's a bump in the rear floorpan thats safe for jacking from. But the sides - only thing I can think of is using a large piece of wood to spread the weight over a larger area...

Or a tight rear swaybar and jack it up from the front sill jack point with the factory jack.... :p

At the moment when I'm working under the engine I jack it up via the bump on the crossmember and stick the jack stands under the rear suspension wishbone to floorpan mounting bracket. It seems strong and the 2 jackstands under them make for a very solid arrangement. I haven't seen any metal deformation while lowering the jack either. So I'm assuming its safe but I fear that over time I might actually be adjusting the castor without knowing it. lol

Mabye the haynes has something about it?

lol i dont trust normal jacks now lol after my car crushed my hand...i only use a trolley jack now lol :) the haynes says use the front one like u said, and just use the sills as the side... :(

I use a trolley jack under the rearmost wishbone mounting point on the front, and on the rear i use the forward tie bar mounting point, they're very solid.

runaway-robot said:
lol i dont trust normal jacks now lol after my car crushed my hand...i only use a trolley jack now lol :) the haynes says use the front one like u said, and just use the sills as the side... :(

I hope you don't get under the car when it is being supported only by the trolley jack?

using the axel stand then the jack so it just touches,

and a brick behind one or two of the grounded wheels in case the car rolls

Back