K12 Jacking & Support Points

Hi. Just wondering where people jack up their micra's using a trolley jack and where is best to put the axle stands?

Haynes manual says front subframe and rear axle for jacking, sill support points for stands. I've used the front subframe before but it doesn't seem wise, nor safe, I don't like lifting the whole front in one go.

I was thinking, jack the front on either the sill (using a block of wood on jack head with a V notch cut in, already made this) and then place axle stand under the chassis legs near the front suspension. Or the other way around, jack on chassis legs and support with axle stands on sill support points.

Rear, either jack on the sill support (again with block of wood with V notch cut in) and support on axle, near wheels (this way the rear gets lifted one side at a time). Or other way around, jack on the axle (lifting whole rear in one go) and support with stands on sill support points.

Be grateful if someone could advise me to best method. Thanks.

I always Jack on the sill and then put the stand under (as your first way) never had a problem doing that way and never had an issue with k12 sills not being strong enough yet

Thanks for the reply.

So you put the stands under the sill also, or chassis legs? If sill, it's okay then I assume that the stand will not be right under the V and slightly rearward of it? (Due to the jack being there to lift in the first place).

With the rear, is either of my suggested methods okay? I like the thought of jack up on sill (with wood block), support on axle best, seems safer in theory.

Sorry, just want to feel more confident when doing this in future.

Help greatly appreciated :)

Yeah I put them on the sills but between the jack and wheels personally (I feel safer under a car then) or jack on the sills and put the stands onto the chassis as you mentioned I've used both method depending on what car it is.
But as I say k12 I've always used sills :)

Back