Jacking and Axel stand points

Hi, I've been a member for some time, but dont post much at all. We have a 2001 Micra S with a 1350cc twin cam engine (and no aircon). Owned the car for 8 years, and other than some welding to the rear sills for an MOT it's been uber reliable, plows through snow, and is still a super drive. Only has 59K miles, the engine is excellent, very strong and feels torque.

I'm going to service it soon, I know the oil filter is a swine to access, I'll need to jack the car up to get to it.

Please can someone tell me where the jacking points are and where I should put axle stands while I'm under the engine?
I have a good trolly jack and can buy a rubber support if necessary.
thanks for any advice and help.

well, theres many possibilities

factory jacking points are about 10-20cm from end of wheel arch. There's should be visible, thick reinforcement.
If chassis is rusty- longerons? (is an aircraft term?) - this straight beam wich goes from front wisbone mount. Putting a stands here should be safe- even in my mine rustbucket these are quite stiff.

You have to choose- putting a jack stands at the sill jacking point usualy deforms them. They're not too rigid from factory, inside reinforcement is barelly visible at this photo-

https://www.micra.org.uk/attachments/dsc04829-jpg.53255/

as you see its just piece of 1mm metal. If this gonna be rusty inside -the whole sill will deform.

If I racall corectly- yes- acces to filter is quite tricky, but it should be possible only with one wheel in air.

you may try jack the whole front by engine subframe-front crossmember, and secure with jack stands. But front member has to be in mint condition!

Back