k11 998cc 1996 micra throttle body

S

sarah

Hi
having idling problems with the wifes car its sometimes ticking over at about 1500rpm when it should be about 800rpm tops, also noticed the temp gauge going into the red, ive been reading up on the common fault,s with the throttle boddy dry joints does anybody think this is what's causing the high revving or is there something else i can look at before repairing the dry joints,also read that there is a fuse box behind the radiator next to the battery with a fuse for the throttle body is this for fuel injection models only?.

any help appreciated.

ps the fault is intermittent as sometimes its ok and somtimes its reving high!!?.

Hello and welcome to the forums, your idling problem could be the throttle body, it does sound like it, but i've not heard of it making the engine overheat before, and all k11s are fuel injection.

throttle body

Sonic
thanks for the reply ive taken the throttle boddy off and re soldered the three joints that the electrical plug connects to hope this solves the engine ticking over fast. is it easy to change the thermostat for the engine???.

yes, very easy, the thermostat housing is under the dizzy, undo the 3 bolts, pull off the housing remove the old t/stat put your new one in and put the housing back on, dont forget to use a new gasket and top up with the correct mix of water/antifreeze.

I had a similar problem with a high idle, if it's idling high but steady, it may possibly be the AAC Valve.

Un-plug the connector from the front of the throttle body, measure the resistance between pins 2 and 3 and between 3 and 4 it should be between 50 and 100ohms

If that is ok, remove it, and check the mechanism isn't sticking.

flat spot

since i re solderd the printed circuit board and put everything back i now find the car is trying to cut out at about 65 mph ie spluttering what i did notice was i had to remove an electical component that slotted on to a spindle on the throttle body to enable me to remove the metal lid covering the circiut board this in turn opens and shuts a butterfly valve on the throttle body i noticed it looks like it can be adjusted either left or right by undoing the two screws securing it, when i put it back i put it bang on in the middle and i am now wondering if this is what is causing the spluttering at 65mph it just wont go any faster would adjusting this improve it???????????.

your talking about the throttle position sensor, i hope you havent moved it or at leasted put it back to the same place as i was orginally

if you have moved the sensor then you need to get that set up again before you do anything else

throttle sensor

i had to take the throttle sensor off to remove the plate covering the circiut board so i could re solder the joints so now it sounds like i will have to re adjust the throttle sensor until i have no flat spots.

Back