• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

passenger side high beam not working

Hi

I have a 2001 Nissan micra my passenger side high beam is not working. The low beam is working on the passenger side. The high beam and low beam is working fine on the drivers side.

I have changed the bulbs around from drivers to passenger side and the problem still persists on the passenger side, while the drivers side works fine, therefore presumed cant be the bulb.

I have switched the fuses in the engine compartment from the right to the left headlight and the problem still persists on the passengers side, while the drivers side works fine, so cant be be the fuses.

Read up about the relay switch which changes the voltage for the high beam and low beam, but couldnt find out if the fact that the drivers side high beam works means that the relay switch is ok? Or is there a seperate relay switch for the left and right headlight?

If it is not the relay switch what is the best check that I can do to fix this problem before going to an auto electrician?

Thank you for your help

Fred

On the off-chance . . .
if you have just added front fog lights, and the light-stalk that has the extra front fog switch, beware which version of the stalk you have fitted. I had problems with odd combinations of lights working (similar to yours) when I fitted a wrong version. The version which works properly is the same as the nissan terrano (around 2000).

Back