K11 1.3 Won't Start

So, picked up a complete car, T plate 1.3 non runner.

The girl I bought it from said it was running fine, came to start it again and it didn't want to know.

It cranks, its getting fuel, but there's no spark. Plugs get wet and you can smell it. Check the obvious stuff, dizzy is intact, rotor arm OK, leads OK, no burnt out fuses or links, everything else on the car works fine.

Tried to pull codes but I can't find the flashing led, removed the panel to reveal the ECU. Cant tell if I'm shorting the right diag pins, the Haynes manual isn't clear.

Amy pointers gratefully received.

Chris. :)

Don't think you can test them, would think your one litre one would work...try it.
If not I have a one here for a tenner + postage - give me the part number..... I'll check it against mine.

Don't think you can test them, would think your one litre one would work...try it.
If not I have a one here for a tenner + postage - give me the part number..... I'll check it against mine.

Hi @davyboy

The Dizzy has the following numbers on the sticker on the top - 42537N, 22100-99B04, 2699.

I haven't tested volts to the dizzy yet, but a few people have said that they're prone being 3 components in 1 really. If yours looks like it might work, PM me some details and we can give it a try. I would rather not pull the yellow one apart as its running perfectly!

Chris.

Hi @davyboy

The Dizzy has the following numbers on the sticker on the top - 42537N, 22100-99B04, 2699.

I haven't tested volts to the dizzy yet, but a few people have said that they're prone being 3 components in 1 really. If yours looks like it might work, PM me some details and we can give it a try. I would rather not pull the yellow one apart as its running perfectly!

Chris.
Hello Chris. Yup, I've got one of them here buddy.
Can't test it as far as I know mate, its pot luck I'm afraid, this number seems to fail more than others (!)
I need your full postal address for posting, postage I would guess at around a fiver mate for a 3 to 5 day delivery, and a tenner for the dizzy.
If it doesn't work - you get your money back....no problem.
If you do paypal - mine is [email protected]
Cheers davyboy.

Hello Chris. Yup, I've got one of them here buddy.
Can't test it as far as I know mate, its pot luck I'm afraid, this number seems to fail more than others (!)
I need your full postal address for posting, postage I would guess at around a fiver mate for a 3 to 5 day delivery, and a tenner for the dizzy.
If it doesn't work - you get your money back....no problem.
If you do paypal - mine is [email protected]
Cheers davyboy.

Payment sent with details. :)

Chris.

All done Chris, on the way first thing today, might even get it tomorrow. (caught the first post mate.)
Possible tracking number 1-720222 ....only one on the invoice.

Top stuff, much appreciated. Will let you know when it arrives.

Once I've got the car running OK, I'm probably going to gut it, so anything you might need just let me know. Will prob start a breaking thread on here, there's lots of good bits that I won't be needing.

:)

Chris.

@davyboy

Ding dong, we have a winner.

The car was a little unwilling, I think all that trying fouled the plugs, so it staggered back to live with some coughing and a lot of fog. But once it was running on all bangers it switches off and restarts happy as Larry.

There's a bit of what I think is chain noise, but I will address that when the engine is on the stand.

:)

Chris.

Back