Micra k11 won't start

Hi everyone and great to find the group!

I have a 94 k11. The engine just cut out whilst I was driving. Now I haven't checked if the cam chain is turning, it's difficult when your on your own! But here's a list of all I have done as I have a donor micra which had a blown head gasket. The fuel pump is whirring/buzzing as usual and there is fuel in the filter and in the pipe to the injectors. I have changed the ht leads, dizzy cap, rotor and dizzy. The fuses all seem ok and I have no idea how to check a relay. It's pretty much done the standard not start a couple times a year since I got her in 2005 but it has never cut out. Any ideas please. I have some idea on the basics but nothing too technical! Lol thanks in advance!

frank

Club Member
any fault codes lou ? and its best to try a drop of fuel down the throttlebody first (to check there is fuel getting into the engine) then check for a spark, then try removing the fuelpump fuse

OP
OP
L
Thanks Frank. I'm devastated!! The cam chain has snapped!! Damage is as yet unknown. It may be beyond economic repair I have a friend who understands what damage may have occurred and the basics of head removal, bent valves etc but has never worked on such a project. And would like to have a go for free, and realistically I have nothing to lose. The donor car had a blown head gasket so what would I need to do? A skim of the head or would it be cheaper to buy new valves etc for the original engine? Feeling heart broken, nearly 10 years together for a purchase price of £200 and just the basics of tyres, brakes, oil and filters. Tia