K11 Can't Start Won't Start!!

Hi ppl,
Firstly, Hello to everyone on MSC, great site with lots of info!!! I need some advice.

I have K11 (P reg), it's only done 36k and has served me well, however....

I drove it home from work the other day, parked up, all was well.
Following day I jump in to go to work, turn the key (I hear a slightly starnge noise - hard to explain - but only lasted a split second) and then it wouldn't start! And hasn't started since. I've checked loads of things like fuses, fuel, sparks at the plugs etc etc, all seems ok.

So digging deeper I did a compression check, here are the numbers from gearbox end (85, 50, 25, 35 psi)..... I know these are extremely low. It's like the timing is out or something!?

Anyone else had or heard of such symptoms!????
I'm stuck big time - I thought i'd run it past everyone on MSC before I strip it down.

Thanks in advance, Chris

here,s the lobe positions @ tdc chris

Attachments

• as cam.JPG
    as cam.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 378
Hi frank, no I didn't have the throttle open when doing the compression check, should I have?
Great picture, just what I've been looking for - I'll check that tomorrow.
Is it possible the chain has slipped round a cog or something?

Hi frank, no I didn't have the throttle open when doing the compression check, should I have?
Great picture, just what I've been looking for - I'll check that tomorrow.
Is it possible the chain has slipped round a cog or something?

i think you would get equal (but low) compressions if it had jumped a few teeth tbh, and yes lol, full throttle :wasntme:

Didn't realise it had to be full throttle, didn't know that would make a difference?
What's the easiest way to get the engine to TDC, is that when the yellow mark on the crank pulley is inline with the pointer on the block?

Didn't realise it had to be full throttle, didn't know that would make a difference?
What's the easiest way to get the engine to TDC, is that when the yellow mark on the crank pulley is inline with the pointer on the block?

aye, there,s about 1/2 a bar of vacuum in the inlet mani when the engine is ticking over (ie, closed throttle)
so the piston cant gulp a cylinder full of air unless you open the throttle eh
and yes, the 2nd (yellow) mark is tdc # 1 :)

Hi to every one..my first post on here so i hope i have got this right.. K11 1999 after spending loads.ie throttle body new key coded and 17 miles later back to nissian, it now seems 180 pounds to test im not sure and 600 hundred to fit ..was reading from other threads do i need all the bits from the ecu to key censor and all the rest.can i just fit a immobiliser transponder ring and get it recoded with the key ?

Back