k11 1.3 help to diagnose faults no elec windows no indicators no dash dials working

Hi,

k11 1,3sr, came back off holiday battery was flat so gave it a jump start...

it starts and runs fine, but I have no ignition ights on dash, i have no indicators, no electric windows and dash dials do not go up.

checked interior fuses by wheel and all okay.

Is there a fuse that covers these or have I fried the ecu? ouch...HELP PLEASE ASAP! appreciated.

Blanes

Last edited:
Yes will give that a shot, thanks....Tho I'm thinking now it might be a relay looking at symptoms...just need to know which relays do what so back googling!
]

Someone on the msc facebook page had similar problems, turned out to be crap earthing on the alternator. Give that a check

Cheers for the suggestions and solved!...If anyone else has this issue:

I had a good look through the Haynes manual wiring diagrams at the back of the book...every electric circuit diagram for turn signals, electric windows, dash dials led back to "Ignition Relay 1" - this is one of three blue relays to the right of interior fuse box - bottom blue one is ignition relay 1, middle is accessory relay, top is ignition relay 2 (correct me if wrong mechanics out there!)....Anyway, pulled off ignition relay 1 (bottom blue) and it was fried inside with scorch marks on the outside...so when I jumped it, it must have had too much voltage/current maybe...might be wrong but seems funny for it to go after being jumped also funny no fuses went!. The problem was - being an amateur tinkerer I didn't follow the correct jump start method..

So the moral of the story is don't be an idiot like me (my bad) - When jump starting, attach NEGATIVE jump wire to car body, Not the terminal (as I did - Doh)

So yes, if you have these symptoms, likelihood is - it will be the bottom right blue "ignition relay 1"

I've also bought a new battery Davyboy! £69.99 after discount code in Eurocarparts....went in there and they refused to sell me it with the discount unless I tapped MID36 in the discount code and did it online which meant me driving home to go on 'tiniternet - no smartphones in my pocket....very strange how they cant just apply this...Anyway all solved. Cheers.

Well done, and you cant call it a mistake if you learned something. I set fire to the insulation on my dads battery charger before because I was putting in too much current, lesson learned there too

Back