HELP! Dash, Indicators and Side Lights not working

Hi folks I’m new here because of an issue I’m having. I was replacing my Instrument bulbs, and I noticed the bulb that lights up driving positions on the CVT shifter was out so I decided to replace that too. i had to cut the cable that houses the bulb adaptor to bring the adaptor into the house to fit a certain LED into it I was to impatient to get the correct bulb to I soldered an LED in its place was working fine I brought it back out to the car and before I could crimp and join the wires back together I accidentally brushed the two wires with my knee causing a spark and what I assume to be a short somehwere as result when I turn my lights on to the middle to illuminate my dash they no longer work, eitther does my indicators or my side lamps I check every fuse nothing seems blown ? I’m lost at the moment any suggestions I own a 1997 k11 march 1 litre automatic it’s a Japanese import. If anyone has any information that can help me I’d be delighted.

THANKS.

Regards
Jay

Hi folks I’m new here because of an issue I’m having. I was replacing my Instrument bulbs, and I noticed the bulb that lights up driving positions on the CVT shifter was out so I decided to replace that too. i had to cut the cable that houses the bulb adaptor to bring the adaptor into the house to fit a certain LED into it I was to impatient to get the correct bulb to I soldered an LED in its place was working fine I brought it back out to the car and before I could crimp and join the wires back together I accidentally brushed the two wires with my knee causing a spark and what I assume to be a short somehwere as result when I turn my lights on to the middle to illuminate my dash they no longer work, eitther does my indicators or my side lamps I check every fuse nothing seems blown ? I’m lost at the moment any suggestions I own a 1997 k11 march 1 litre automatic it’s a Japanese import. If anyone has any information that can help me I’d be delighted.

THANKS.

Regards
Jay
Update- indicators are working it’s now just the instrument lights, side lamps and tail lights

Are you sure you have checked all the fuses? LHD Micras have two fuse boxes, one in the cabin near the steering wheel and one next to the battery. I'd assume RHD cars are similar. The circuits you are describing seem to be behind a 15A fuse in the engine bay box and two 10A fuses in the interior one. Being that both your tail lights and side lights are on the two different fuses in the interior fusebox, I'd suspect the fuse in the engine bay.

Are you sure you have checked all the fuses? LHD Micras have two fuse boxes, one in the cabin near the steering wheel and one next to the battery. I'd assume RHD cars are similar. The circuits you are describing seem to be behind a 15A fuse in the engine bay box and two 10A fuses in the interior one. Being that both your tail lights and side lights are on the two different fuses in the interior fusebox, I'd suspect the fuse in the engine bay.
Also it’s a RHD model

Back