K11 1.0 Flywheels, are they different?

Does anyone know what is the optimal amount of weigh that I can take off my facelfit (1998) 1.0L flywheel? If you guys have any pics of how such flywheel looks like after being lighten can you please upload them here? That would make it easier for me as the guy who is going to lighten the flywheel needs to know where to take the material off :) Best Regards!

take all of the back lug off kris, and i usually take some off the front also (the lighter the better)

67720.jpg
67726.jpg

Thanks a lot Frank! Do you know how much weigh did you actually took off? Is that true that if I take off too much material I might start having some issues with going up the hills and taking off? How much weigh should I ideally reduce? Thanks!

you can get them down to 5kg easily kris, and it just makes the car a bit easier to stall from stationary, here,s my 4kg preface 1.0 one that i have used for many years

39088.jpg

Thanks once again Frank. I will show the pictures to that guy today and will see what he says :) I'm currently planing to change all my transmission including gearbox and clutch and I thought this is the best time to lighten the flywheel :) Regards!

Its been nearly 5 months of waiting and two days ago I finally picked up my flywheel which is now around 5.5kg if my weight is correct... I would like to say a big thank you to Frank again as with the help of your pictures my flywheel could be done Its gonna be all put on the car this weekend pics below :

Attachments

• DSC_0102.JPG
    DSC_0102.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 509
  • DSC_0103.JPG
    DSC_0103.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 395
Last edited:
Back