K10 Type?

I saw a k10 type yesterday which i have never seen before. I got excited and browsed the Interwebs and found pix but no info, and I was hoping u guys could enlightend me?

It´s a pre-facelift and it had this "sideways" grille and sunroof. Is it just a normal GL or anything special?
nissanmicrak103doorsmed.jpg

What the hell is that thing in the back of the centre console? I though it was an automatic shifter at first but then i realised it was behind the front seats. Heated rear seats maybe? Anyway the one at the top is a foreign spec model. I'm telling you though, that the japs keep all the best models and stuff for themselves. They had aircon, power steering, heated front seats and electric mirrors on their options list. All we got was aircon an a bunch of trim options crap. Power streering wasn't even supposed to be an option in the uk, yet i have seen a couple with it. Japan you selfish little ####s, give us the good stuff!!!

It would ruin JDM culture though wouldn't it if we got the same everywhere.
Don't be a communist, Be a Culturist? :p

Who said anything about everywhere, screw europe, uk all the way. There were probably more micras sold here than anywhere else, so they should be looking after the fans!

After a little looking
d4b7800f-8ead-e5b2.jpg

I'd say it was a jap version

That´s what I thought of, cuz i´ve never seen this grille type here in Iceland nor on any pix from UK. This car i saw must be a jap version and I have to buy it. It was so mint, new white paintjob with white bumpers, on genuine Nissan Alley rims and with a sunroof :p

When I first got my micra I looked around a lot on this forum and never saw another one with the same grill as mine so I was all stoked thinking its rare or something. After having it for a bit I started to see all the ones around here and realized it is just the canadian spec you guys are talking about.

attachment.php

Have to say I still like it a bit more than the UK versions I have seen, but that slanted slat one is really sick. Also really like the white trim on the bumpers.

Attachments

• somecantrip 017.jpg
    somecantrip 017.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 276
When I first got my micra I looked around a lot on this forum and never saw another one with the same grill as mine so I was all stoked thinking its rare or something. After having it for a bit I started to see all the ones around here and realized it is just the canadian spec you guys are talking about.

These grills were in Japan as well. Seen tons of imports on Cyprus with this grill

20100913_009.jpg

20100906_029.jpg

These grills were in Japan as well. Seen tons of imports on Cyprus with this grill

Hmm I believe I have seen some similar to the pics you posted, but can't be too sure as I was fairly wasted at the time. Thought it had a few more vertical slats almost like a waffle pattern, though I could defo be mistaken. Found it interesting because on the back of the car it had Datsun on one side and Nissan Micra on the other. Must be the early early models before it just became Nissan. Can't seem to find any pics on the net that look like it..............

Back