K10 Turbo on pistonheads

Those clocks are awesome, propper 80's knight rider style (Y)
The only thing i don't like about it are the front seats that have come out of a 1.0L Super, they don't go with the rest of the interior. But overall a very cool car.

but if he is saying its regestared as a "1.0 gl auto non turbo" something sounds funny sureley it would be registered as the correct car if it was the real deal un less its to do with importing?:blues:

but if he is saying its regestared as a "1.0 gl auto non turbo" something sounds funny sureley it would be registered as the correct car if it was the real deal un less its to do with importing?:blues:

i thought that too fwn not "very Rare" if its a 1.0 auto march with a manual g/box and a fig engine fitted eh

i could actually be what happened with my prelude
my import 2.2 vtec lude was actually registered in uk as a 2 litre bogo spec which made the insurance cheaper
id imagine a 1 litre bogo auto is somewhat cheaper to insure than the turbo onegrr its very simple for the importer to do

Something seems fishy about it just can't put my finger on it apart from the clocks the interior looks wrong
Judging by the switchgear I'd say that's the real deal (the standard K10s dont have the rear demister control on the dash, theyre on the centre console, thats a JDM thing). Wing mirrors are also the JDM ones.

It may just have had a few things taken from a UK spec Micra (including the gearbox probably)!

a few little odds and ends were added / taken away from mine to make it legal for UK roads, try importing one of these and telling them its a march turbo, they would probably be like what???? and just stuck it down as a normal micra out of laziness ;)

I reckon a UK spec 1.0 Super has been used as the donor car for the gearbox, and maybe a few of the JDM bits were a bit past their best. From first look what I can see from a 1.0 Super on that car:

• Seats
  • Steering wheel
  • Black dash
  • Rear clusters
  • (possibly) door cards
  • Gearbox (probably)

When a car comes into the country, they sometimes insure it under the nearest car they have on file, rather than writing out a whole new car. Especially for one this old!

You can't be held responsible if that's what the logbook says! ^^

I'd have this car just for the extras...unfortunately I've just spent a load on my Micra! (Yes! She's still alive and getting there!)

I think its real, why would someone go through all that hassle to make it JDM lookalike? seats, clocks, bumbers etc? shame I havent got two grand :(

iirc the st that imp' now has was on the insurance database as something else?
LOL I just checked it, methinks they really messed up when importing it!
1989 0.1 Nissan Micra Gx Auto

It's a black car, and a 3 door hatchback.
The engine is a 0093cc petrol.

!! WARNING !! Vehicle imported from outside the EU on date of first registration. See the Additional DVLA Data
93cc!! :D

lol, i tried to change that but they told me i need a receipt from an engineer for changing the engine... reports etc... not my fault!

James, what website was that on?

That's awesome, i love the dash and always been a fan of these. Don't have the 2K or the space but wouldn't mind owning another K10!

lol, i tried to change that but they told me i need a receipt from an engineer for changing the engine... reports etc... not my fault!

James, what website was that on?
It's not on a website, It's something I made myself that decodes information available on some websites :)

Back