K10 Performance Camshafts

Mark

Ex. Club Member
Hey all.

just wanted to let people know that i have a contact who can get performance cams for the K10,

there is a couple you can choose from fast road to rally spec,

i do know a person who as got one in there K10 and has said performance as improved and they engine revs higher than before, also the idle isnt too bad either.

price is £100 and they'll need a cam to re-profile, takes a couple of weeks for them to does its it so a cam out of a scrapyard K10 would be a good idea.

anyone serious about wanting one can get in contact with me via a PM,

if used with a performance exhaust and air filter you'll leaf standard K10's, this is a real increase in power and well worth the molar

Mark.

£100 doesn't sound bad for a reprofile, I'm pretty sure Piper would charge more than that! Nice one Mark :)

I supply piper cams so if anyone wants one let me know. :p

detox said:
Mark can you get them for k11!!!

and how much would they cost!!!!

Ed probably supplies those too. I know piper do make k11 cams (Road & Race), you just need the shims or something like that.

Price for a K10 reprofiled cam is £135. Turn around time is a couple of weeks and a fair gain in performance should be expected from this ESPECIALLY if used with exhaust and better intake etc..

Ed

James said:
Ah ok lol sounds cheaper than the price for mine from Piper :s

I spose its only SOHC lol

yeah you had 2 cams. £100 is a typicall piper quote. Richie had a fast road cam put into his 750cc panda that cost about £100.

Ed said:
Price for a K10 reprofiled cam is £135. Turn around time is a couple of weeks and a fair gain in performance should be expected from this ESPECIALLY if used with exhaust and better intake etc..

Ed

Is that all? Will it fit the MA10? any other parts needed?

nope thats it, would go straight back in with tappets reset. With manifold as well and some kind of improved intake it would make a staggering difference I am sure.

Ed

Ed said:
nope thats it, would go straight back in with tappets reset. With manifold as well and some kind of improved intake it would make a staggering difference I am sure.

Ed

Very tempting ;) obv dont have intake or outlet manifold, or even a decent exhaust fitted for that matter.

You will still see gains. Just youll see alot more when other improvments are made later on.

Is that £139 fitted? Im hoping to get an exhaust done in a couple of weeks (after its MOT)

How much fitted Mr Ed?, and how long roughly does it take? Would you need my existing cams aswell?

Amy- Yes you can. Within reason, the only limitation is the amount of material on the stock cams. If you really want something wild I can have them made from billet blocks to ANY specification.

Paul - its just a case of remove and refit. You will need to ajust the tappest to the new profile but this is the same way as the old ones. Thats the only change.

Ed

So they are ground on new centres? how about timing? are you able to supply an offset key, or pulley? I'm quite interested in this if I can set it up correctly.

The stock cams are reground. Timing would remain the same. If you wish to change this you would need to find or have a vernier pully made. I could have them cut from pure billet if you wanted, but it would cost alot more.

Ed

I would like to know, how would this affect an engines life? Is it something which is going to shorten the potential life of an engine?

It will produce more power higher up the RPM range, these two combined will increase engine wear, but not alot. Compare it to the ST for example. Pratically the same bottom end, 3-4x the power and no problems at all.

Ed

marks just told you lot that he can get them done for about £100 why are you looking on other site which are dearer which they will be derrrrrrr

why do you think the site i posted will be more expensive? i listed a price for k11 cams which is a pair. maybe a sinlge cam for k10 will be £102, or it could be a £100. mark has said pm him if interested. i have given a specific web site for a company which i have dealt with and they have served me well, they supply piper cams. so this is of interest to the discussion. i hope that answers your question bob.

I am interested but has anyone got any ideas on how much of a gain you are looking at by havng this done? TBH i cant imagine much of a difference and higher revs isnt really much of an improvement without the power band of the engine also being raised? i also have standard manifolds will this really make the diff. with the uprated cam?

bombz4 Longer duration cams are affected much more by poor exhausts. If you were to get a decent 4 into 1 exhaust with a race cam you would see significant improvments. Add a better intake manifold and you would quite easily have the post powerfull K10 1.0/1.2 in the club. A cam on its own would give an improvment of around 8% and again most probably give you the most powerfull K10 1.0 here, since no one has anything other than basic exhaust and airfilter mods at best.

Ed

Ed said:
bombz4 Longer duration cams are affected much more by poor exhausts. If you were to get a decent 4 into 1 exhaust with a race cam you would see significant improvments. Add a better intake manifold and you would quite easily have the post powerfull K10 1.0/1.2 in the club. A cam on its own would give an improvment of around 8% and again most probably give you the most powerfull K10 1.0 here, since no one has anything other than basic exhaust and airfilter mods at best.

Ed

You've got a k10, does that mean he'll be faster than u too!!!! :p

I would say that i have the most powerful N/A k10 on this site at 88 bhp @wheels without one of these cams in,,,so just wondering what sort of power increase would one of these cam give me extra...any idea's

so the custom made 4-2-1 ss manifold and complete ss rear section, that i got from mark is basic?

that exhaust is the shizzle mate, better than any other in the club

Back