camshafts

M

mr.grassie

Bonjour everyone, apologies not been here in a while.

ok, as some of you know im running a cg13de with turbo.

Im running a 7.9/1 comp ratio using a spacer plate.

now, what I would like some input on is a question about cams.

im about to upgrade to a t25 hybrid, and modify a stainless tubular manifold from an sr20det so i fet better flow. and im trying my hardest to get it over 200bhp (not easy as you all know) now, iv been in touch with an precision engineering company in dundee (normally really good) asking about fast road cams.

They reckon that you cant get cams for a cg13de, and that my standard ones would have to be re-ground to get the same effect. BUT i would have to get my head re-shimmed to make this work. costing hundreds because they dont seem to have any listed in their books for a cg13de with fats road cams

Now im sure that others have mentiond getting cams for theirs, whats the story? Do i need to get new shims?

any input welcome.

cheers lads.

talk to Dr zoidberg he has some cams for sale, ed is now selling piper cams and matt humpries also sells them.

however personally i would work on what youve got so far ie improve setup rather than opt for cams. im not sure but i would guess that cams suited for N/A cars work work hand in hand with a turbo setup. may create more problems

yes mine are for sale, but as dave said they are better suited to n/a than turbo could prob still be used tho.

personally i'd email cisco for some info, iirc he kept his standard cams while building most of the blue monster.

cheers lads, will ask cisco.

do fast road cams really give as much of a power gain as they are reputed to?

reason i ask is that in its current set up, I can run a 15.4, and i was hoping that running more boost, having a decent manifold, and getting it mapped properly i could run high 14's

The Tomei cams are not incredibly wild, I have seen R34's with the same cam profiles make good power, speak to Ed about Piper cams as he can get oversize shims and may be able to get you higher lift and shorter duration cams than the Tomei ones.
John/Jo have standard cams in theirs so it is uncharted territory a bit here...

Back