Camshafts

aLLeKs

Club Member (Trial)
One quick question:
I want my camshaft to be regrinded for some road use and for the nürburgring nordschleife.
Of course it will be for road use with some quick starts and stuff like that.

But I don't know which profile to choose.
Possibilities:
268° (peak time 110, valve lift 9,9 , lift at tdc 1,2)
286° (peak time 108, valve lift 10,2)
296° (peak time 108, valve lift 10,8)
(not counting the ones above 300° up to 312°)
source: http://www.dbilas-dynamic.de/dbilas_eng/index.htm

So which one would be the best for my setup with 2 weber 36dcnf, 4-2-1 exhaust manifold, cylinder head with polished and wider ports and 1mm skim?

Or are there any shops in GB which sell finished ones (so that I don't need to post mine)?

I spoke to a friend of mine who has a Micra with 120hp ;) he has one 296° camshaft for sale and I will take this one, because it is cheap.
Btw: 120hp out of a modded ma10 ;)

If I remember right it uses an ma12 block with ma10 liners (don't know if this is the right word :D the part where the pistons are going up and down... cylinders) and forged vw pistons.
And I think (I am not sure about this fact) a suzuki swift gti cylinder head with 314° camshaft and 2 40dcnf webers.... there is nothing stock on this engine.

If I remember right it uses an ma12 block with ma10 liners (don't know if this is the right word :D the part where the pistons are going up and down... cylinders) and forged vw pistons.
And I think (I am not sure about this fact) a suzuki swift gti cylinder head with 314° camshaft and 2 40dcnf webers.... there is nothing stock on this engine.

So its not a MA10 after all!

Its a MA12 block linered to take VW pistons and a 16v Suzuki head fwn

(What are MA10 liners anyway?)

What bhp would I be looking at with an ma10 with a Dave walker head, unknown cam, 4-2-1 exhaust manifold, cbr600 carbs, ecc dizzy & lightened flywheel?

wanna sell it back ???? .it was modified above class 2 autograss spec for class 4 ,spring platforms ans springs were modded .let me know if you wanna sell it as i,m buiding a road car as well,also after the flywheel .pm if you are cheers

wanna sell it back ???? .it was modified above class 2 autograss spec for class 4 ,spring platforms ans springs were modded .let me know if you wanna sell it as i,m buiding a road car as well,also after the flywheel .pm if you are cheers

hahaha how much? Dont really wanna sell it tbh, so much fun on the road :D Just need to modify the 4 branch exhaust manifold ive picked up then the carbs setting up on a dyno

Back