K10 Mileage

thought it would be intresting to see how many miles peoples k10s have done.it would be intresting to see who has the lowest and highest mileage k10s!

Mines done 118,567 miles

Mine done 81000 with my Ma10, then my ma12 had 69,000 and ive done about 1500 with that so my clock reads about 82500...
It was registered in June 1992

Swallow said:
thought it would be intresting to see how many miles peoples k10s have done.it would be intresting to see who has the lowest and highest mileage k10s!

Mines done 118,567 miles

The engines don't last more than 125k generally... not that an engine replacement isn't out of the question, but the cars start looking tatty as well.

the white SS i have has 55k on clock.

my red one has 96k on the clock - bought it 8 months ago with 84k on it

erm.. my beast has 0 on the clock cos at this moment it doesnt have an engine in it :S but it was 24k
the super i just sold to umar has 36k on it
my super S has 87k on it
my white L has 104k on it :)

erm i have a 76k ma12 in the back yard
i have a 55k (roughly) ma10 in the back yard (turbo awaiting)
and i have a 78k ga16 aswell :) :p

My car has 84309 on it...(Got it on 72) but I put a 60K MA12 engine + box in it about 1 month ago now... so the engine and box have done around 61000 miles. :D

-Elliot

Elliot said:
My car has 84309 on it...(Got it on 72) but I put a 60K MA12 engine + box in it about 1 month ago now... so the engine and box have done around 61000 miles. :D

-Elliot

My story is almost the exact same! Mine had 72 on it when i got it. MA12 into it about a month ago (69... :p)

RE: RE: K10 Mileage

Andrew said:
The engines don't last more than 125k generally... not that an engine replacement isn't out of the question, but the cars start looking tatty as well.

i would say that comment is a load of rubbish, my car has 118k on it and is still going strong and have never had a problem with it in two years.if an ma10 is properly looked after they can easily get over 200k. also a high mileage engine doesnt mean the car would look tatty!

1991 Micra 1.2 SL, done 175000 km, about 110000 miles. No oil usage yet...

My previous one had about 115000 miles, sold her when the head gasket died, so crossing my fingers for this one..;)

199k & change, Runs good enough, has a tick, but No smoke, It's ready for another 100k, or that'd be nice at least.

BTW what is a good # of k's to get out of a tank of fuel? 350-ish?

Swallow said:
Andrew said:

i would say that comment is a load of rubbish, my car has 118k on it and is still going strong and have never had a problem with it in two years.if an ma10 is properly looked after they can easily get over 200k. also a high mileage engine doesnt mean the car would look tatty!

You may be surprised. For 25 years my dad ran a driving school, pretty much as soon as the K10's came out he used them, we had 7 at one point but many more over the years, nearly always between 100-130K miles they needed a rebuild. They were looked after and not thrashed too.

Ed

My old red K10 LS: about 98,000 - H reg
K10 camper: 57,000 - 1987 E reg! :)
My K11: Heading for the wrong side of 100,000 - 1995 M reg

Swallow said:

Clearly a "load of rubbish" as no one here has spoken of a car doing more than 125k miles. Nearly all the K10s in the scrapyard seem to end up about that figure unless they've been crash.

And generally (notice the use of that word, means not all of the time but most of the time) a car with a higher mileage will have more rust, interior wear, crapper paint, more rotted bushes, more worn wheel bearings, more electrical faults and so on.

RE: RE: K10 Mileage

ED said:
You may be surprised. For 25 years my dad ran a driving school, pretty much as soon as the K10's came out he used them, we had 7 at one point but many more over the years, nearly always between 100-130K miles they needed a rebuild. They were looked after and not thrashed too.

Hardly surprising, learner drivers arent exactly going 2 treat the gearbox and engines well. crunchy gear changes, and over revving in the wrong gears etc.

Andrew said:
Clearly a "load of rubbish" as no one here has spoken of a car doing more than 125k miles. Nearly all the K10s in the scrapyard seem to end up about that figure unless they've been crash.

trevor72 said:
199k & change, Runs good enough, has a tick, but No smoke, It's ready for another 100k, or that'd be nice at least.

most cars in my local scrapies are at about that millage (appart from monster millage volvo 740's and the like) not just k10's, maybe the higher millage k10s are still on the road so you won't see any in the scrappies :) . The pizza place near me had one for deliverys with over 180K at time of death.

Also this is a story of a high millage 10 : http://bangernomics.tripod.com/readers.htm#ire
I am still driving the car - it has 173,000 miles on the clock on its original engine and uses approx 1 pint of oil every 2,000 miles - again confounding the critics of the aluminium K10 engine which was supposed to have a reputation of lasting only approx 80,000 miles and being oil-thirsty. The MPG is a very respectable 45 - 50 MPG. depending on conditions. I have just replaced the tyres and battery, I will be putting it in for its second national car test in January 2002 so wish me well!

:D

my first k10 hast 288 245 and he ist still driving by a friend of me.
i will buy it back in winter ;D

my actually k10 has 148 000km and i hope he will get 300 000 in an few years :D

My previous k10 ma10 had 164k on it and was still going strong, I only sold it because I crashed it. It wasn't very smokey, and the only trouble I had was that it would sometimes take a little while to start on cold mornings. It was regularly thrashed, but it also had regular oil changes.

Amy

In my oppinion, regular oil (and filter) changes from birth are one of the most important maintenance operations that can sustain your engine well into the 200k mark (miles).

Personnally, I do mine every 6 months religeously..it takes no time to do and you dont need the best oils and filters. As long as the oil is the right grade and use a new filter every time, you can keep your oil looking like honney (but dont put it on your toast though!). Try rubbing used black iol between your fingers...It's like an abrasive paste! Perfect for wearing s*** down NASTY so avoid it like the plague

I'm on 92k (miles) efficiency is ace ...400Miles to a tank (run dry) and emissions are ACE too....Its just a shame the thing is a rusty old bone shaker!..lol

139023 on mine. Doesn't burn oil at all. Carburettor is playing up at the moment but that is the only problem. Just passed MOT so I hope for another 18 months at least.

111k the engine still goin great but i think the box is on its way out strange noise from it but still changes ok

Speedle said:
mine covered over 200k but this was on 2 engines :D

I hold the record of 178,683 TODAY on one engine :D

Still going strong, if not, im just gonna buy another one, hopefully in black...

MicraK10 said:
I hold the record of 178,683 TODAY on one engine :D

Still going strong, if not, im just gonna buy another one, hopefully in black...

DUDE!

I'm goanna make it my personnal goal to "same engine out-live" you hehe!

Have you had a rebuild? if so at what milage? cheers!...

If I loose I will buy you a few pints! are you on?

I saw the picture of his tacho.. very impressive its lived that long! MA10 i assume lol.

SammoHung said:
DUDE!

Have you had a rebuild? if so at what milage? cheers!...

If I loose I will buy you a few pints! are you on?

No Rebuild :at: all... Nobody tells me K10's aint reliable...

Your on, i aint selling my car mind you, im keeping it till it dies, literally...

you sure about this? like i said im only gonna buy another one when the time comes...

Drinks On YOU!! :p

miliage0ij.gif

HAHA OK its a deal then...LOL we will be old and grey with walking sticks before we have that drink......that reminds me I must do an oil and filter change!!!

Nice one! im just under 92K at the mo, so you have a bit of a head start.
The suspense will be aggony when yours pops and then I have to continue past????

If youre not close to the northeast we could do drinks at santapod..

Just noticed that your clock says 117K why dont you adjust the clock to show the true 178k?

I'll try to get a foto of my (standard....not so good looking) dials aswell

One of my dads old driving school cars did about 250,000 miles on the same engine (MA10). Needless to say it was pretty shot after that. None of his other driving school cars managed that though. Most died around 100K region.

lol...a deals' a deal! that means that I've only have to do another 25k to win the beers!!...mine is a Theakstons' old peculiar please

So who does hold the record on the same engine....?

The funny thing is, that ive read the dials on my bike wrong publicly...it was funny..one of the bikes dials were (are) in Km but i interpreted them as miles but i added a nought aswell just for good measure...HAHA what a prick I was..lol

SammoHung...

We had a deal its who has the highest...

Not when you get to my CURRENT STAGE :p

So Its basicly who dies or sells first, Deal?

Back