k10 gearbox

hi to everyone i have my lovley k reg micra 1.0 just the other day my gearbox has started to make this whinning grinding noise its rearly hard to tell what it is ive been looking for a replacement box but wanted to know can i fit a 5 speed box from a k11 1.0 or has it got to be from a k10 1.0 ive been told i cant use a box from a 1.2 if any1 has any ideas i would be very greatfull to hear them

thanks

yeh, the knuckle joint on the gearchange rod, i,m pretty sure i knocked the rollpin out and swapped the whole joint over on my k10 (but it was a long time ago :wasntme:) and there,s like a cage/bracket thingy that bolts the diff to the rear rubber/mount (nef1000 said you need the one to suit) :)

i have a 1.2 gearbox in my 1.0 super and was a straght swap although watch out when getting a gearbox as me and a mate both bought boxes for our k10s and they both turned out just as noisy

i have a 1.2 gearbox in my 1.0 super and was a straght swap although watch out when getting a gearbox as me and a mate both bought boxes for our k10s and they both turned out just as noisy
hi thats what i got a 1.0 super in a met black ive just been on ebay some1 is selling a box from a 1.2 and he sais its in perfect working order no noises but some1 asked him the same question and he says aswell that they are completly diffrent but if you have done it then thats my answer what age 1.2 box have you got
thanks

not sure on the age i got it off ebay and it didnt say but the 1.2 boxes are all the same. Any k10 gbox will fit any k10 engine with no mods and run fine not sure about k11 boxes though

Always risky using a second hand box. I'd get yours fixed or buy a reconditioned one

im about 10 mins away from gatwick,and it honestly is a perfect 40,000ml gearbox from my damaged car,mot an clock to prove milage.
gimme a call 07850867627

Back