Gearbox for k10

I am hoping to buy a white micra k10 1.2 but 3rd and 4th gear are not working, I didn't no if there is someone who is selling a gearbox. but I herd I mite be able to fit a early 90s k11 gear box is this true?

I was thinking about stripping the gear box and finding the problem. does anyone no of any websites for parts if I repair it my self or any other ideas ?

the earlier 1.0 k11 gearbox's will fit but a little work is required to the gear selector on the car, but no big deal to do, i would have thought the gearbox parts are becoming scarce now, but i wouyld have thought you would be able to get them still,

the very early k11 gearbox's were k10 derived so are probably very similar inside, so that may open up parts for you???

i got my old 4 speed box off my 89 k10, had 58k on it when it was taken out, im based in derby/nottingham though.

You can get gearboxes reconditioned / repaired. I had my K10 one done for about £150 so might be worth doing that instead of trying to find a second hand one, which could also be duff.

I am hoping to buy a white micra k10 1.2 but 3rd and 4th gear are not working, I didn't no if there is someone who is selling a gearbox. but I herd I mite be able to fit a early 90s k11 gear box is this true?

I was thinking about stripping the gear box and finding the problem. does anyone no of any websites for parts if I repair it my self or any other ideas ?

i think the 1.2's were 5 speed, there is a 4 speed for sale on ebay wokingham, Berkshire
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/nissan-Mi...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ec624ab7d :)

Back