k10 gearbox change

micrah220

Ex. Club Member
ive decided to do the gearbox change on my k10 but cant get the gearbox off:blush:. ive undone all of the mounts, bolts and taken out the driveshafts but its still stuck on. could it have something to do with it being seized in gear?

ali

the locating dowels usually sieze in (the front one on mine needed major persuasion before it let go) :glare:

can anyone give me some tips with the gearbox change. lol, i feel pretty stupid asking this but i cant work out whats going wrong. ive changed the gearbox on my k10 but when i put the new gearbox on it wont go on properly. the top of the box lines up perfectly but there is a big gap at the bottom and i can still see the flywheel. can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?

ali

you have to juggle and twist the g/box, to get the spline to go into the clutch plate.
and ideally, 2 jacks (1 for the engine, and 1 for the g/box)
have you changed the clutch plate ?

Yeah its getting the spline to line up in the clutch plate that is difficult. If you have changed the clutch, make sure the clutch plate is 100% central before trying to get the gearbox on. I found it easiest to turn the engine over slightly by hand while someone pressed as hard as they could against the box. Eventually it popped in.

ali

you have to juggle and twist the g/box, to get the spline to go into the clutch plate.
and ideally, 2 jacks (1 for the engine, and 1 for the g/box)
have you changed the clutch plate ?

oh right ok cheers. no i havent changed the clutch plate, im just changing the box

Back