K10 engine vibration at idle

B210Bandit

Ex. Club Member
My new (old!) K10 is sweet but does have a bit of vibration at idle that increases if I turn on the fan. I'm guessing this may have something to do with the alternator or belts. Belts look visually fine. Any ideas?

just an idea could be just low idle speed. when mine idles it vibrates a fair bit. also does your revs go up when you turn the fan on? or down as the idle control could be not working making it worse when fans on as idle speed drops :)

Thanks for that. Idle seems to be OK, guessing it is about 700 revs. No rev counter is a bit annoying. Even my 120y has one! Guessing a full service is in order. No running problems so not a big issue, just want to get this well-loved machine in tip-top shape.

You can set the idle yourself with a screwdriver. I did it without a rev counter and set it so the engine looked nice and stable whilst ticking over. when i got a rev counter of ebay it was 950rpm which im happy with :)

shaking could be HT leads or plugs needing a change or worn engine mounts.

Thanks for that. Idle seems to be OK, guessing it is about 700 revs. No rev counter is a bit annoying. Even my 120y has one! Guessing a full service is in order. No running problems so not a big issue, just want to get this well-loved machine in tip-top shape.

Yeah you cant really guess revs in fairness , turn the idle speed up slowly until the vibration goes out of it

Back