k10 cylinder head

S

scoot

hi folks i seem to have wee problem i think replaced head gasket about 1 month ago after finding oil in the coolant and now the coolant in the expansion bottle seems to fill up after about a couple of days the only way to empty it is to remove rad cap and hold the bottle up so as the coolant drains back into the rad the car isnt over heating and the heater seems to be working ie hot air coming out and there doesnt appear to be any coolant loss im wondering what the problem is has any one any ideas thanks scoot

The expansion tank is supposed to do this. Let it settle a bit and see how it goes.

scoot said:
hi folks i seem to have wee problem i think replaced head gasket about 1 month ago after finding oil in the coolant and now the coolant in the expansion bottle seems to fill up after about a couple of days the only way to empty it is to remove rad cap and hold the bottle up so as the coolant drains back into the rad the car isnt over heating and the heater seems to be working ie hot air coming out and there doesnt appear to be any coolant loss im wondering what the problem is has any one any ideas thanks scoot

oh forgot to ask do you have to torque the head down again after 500 miles like some other cars? i torqued head down as per manuals instructions ie once at 25ftlb then slackened off then torqued down again at 47ftlb
cheers scoot

Back